Friday, January 21, 2011

Spring 2011

Well, I successfully managed to complete my last first week of undergraduate classes. All in all my 3 classes seem to be great. Self-defense is going to be an absolute blast. Yesterday we learned how to break noses! [Ya, you better watch out!] Therapeutic Principles is going to be a challenge. The course is set up to represent a Professional School level class. I am glad I will be getting exposure to this kind of format, rather than jumping blindly into Physical Therapy school. Biomechanics will probably be the worst of the 3. It's a combination of Anatomy [which I like] and Physics [which I despise].

As with every new semester I start out focused and on top of things. My goal for this semester is to not allow myself to become boggled down with school and stress. This will be my last semester at TAMU and even though school is important I am making it mandatory that once a week I do something outrageous and fun. Things such as name carvings at the Chicken, picnics at the lake and a trip to Austin are already in the works.

I am also continuing on with my reading plan. The reading plan is set in 2 week increments focusing on various "topics" throughout the Bible. Things such as "The Life and Teachings of Jesus", "The Old Testament" [current section...always a struggle for me!], "Prayer", "Women of the Bible", etc. My prayer for this semester is that reading the Bible wouldn't just be something I pencil into my schedule but rather something that I crave every day. I don't want spending time in the Word to just become a routine. I desire for this time to be refreshing and needed every day. I often think that we find ourselves "finding time for God" around the other commitments in our life, rather than the other way around. God doesn't want to be just a part of our 15 minutes every morning and prayers at night. God desires to have an intimate relationship with us that changes our mindset and thus the path of our lives. We should be "obsessed" [to have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic] with God. I was strongly convicted on my continual plan to "set aside time for God". It became more a checklist: 1]Do laundry 2]Clean bathroom 3]Read the Bible 4]Cook dinner 5]Study for class 6]If time allows, pray...My desire is that my life would be radically changed every day but the Scripture I study and the openness I have with God during prayer.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51: 10 - 12

God has already introduced me to some amazing girls that a truly living a life with their eyes focused on Him. I am so blessed to know that 2 of these girls will be joining me at UT-Southwestern for Physical Therapy school. What a joy to know that even during our struggle through school we will have sisters in Christ around us to provide support and love.

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment