*Disclaimer: I am writing this blog from my iPod, avoiding studying, so ignore the plethora of misspelled words and grammatical errors!
After spending a week in my hometown with my family I find myself reflecting on a lot of things. It's crazy to think that 4 years ago I was trying to prepare myself for a move to College Station and for all the changes that would accompany this move. College seemed so strange and distant from the small town life I lived. College was a new beginning which would provide freedom from the gossip and harshness of high school drama. I chose my college without visiting the school. I had been a few times as a child but for some reason hearing my older brother say that I should go to A&M solidified my choice. I knew that living four hours from home would be different but I desperately yearned for independence and freedom from the chains i had in Rockport.
This time around things are so different. I have absolutely loved my four years at A&M and thank God every day that He brought me here. I don't want to leave and even better I have nothing to run from. Dallas is now the destination and it scared the bajebees outta me! Never have I been on my own in a big city but if I have learned anything in four years it's that you have to take yourself out of your comfort zone.
Sitting at home this past week made me realize how much I have grown in four years. God has provided me with such a nurturing group of friends. Having solidified my life in Christ has allowed me to become a true woman. I cant pinpoint the day it happened but sometime, somewhere over the past four years I became an adult.
I am still learning and growing every day. The process is never ceasing but constantly refreshing.
No comments:
Post a Comment