Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 342

Thankful for finding a successful route for the move on Saturday, Goodwill adventures with the roommate, ridiculous British rom-coms, LINDSEY GETTING HIRED (make that money gurl!), relaxing evenings eating Vegan food with Ty and my amazing friends who always know exactly what to say.

God has been teaching me A LOT (loud voice!) this year but the one topic He keeps pursuing within me is patience. I am terrible with patience. Some would say I lack it all together and in certain situations I definitely do. I hate not knowing the plan and hate even more when the defined plan is changed. But the beautiful thing about God is I don't need to worry about a plan. He's the mastermind and He's already figured it out for me which guarantees me great freedom! Freedom to enjoy this day without fear of tomorrow or worrying about next year because He's got it. Freedom to live without boundaries because He's guiding my feet. I live free yet my flesh turns constantly to captivity which is sin. When I react to situations I am reminded that the reaction is just the manifestation of something dark within me. The great thing though is that God lovingly sanctifies me but it's not a one step process. It's a continuum, day in and day out, and some days are tough. Some days are downright awful but I will endure because again I am free by Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment