I was watching a video of a Breakaway sermon that I missed a few weeks back. The topic, missions. I had heard the man's testimony before during an I Am Second presentation on campus. He was born and raised a Muslim. At the age of 18, he gave up literally, his family for God. He was disowned by his father. His father would tell him at the age of 19 that as long as he would become a doctor that he would be proud and no longer deny him. At the age of 19, this man would be called by God to be an evangelist. He would run from God's plan, but eventually God took control of his heart. Again this man turned from his father's will. Powerful stuff.
At the end of his talk, he read an exert from a book titled "I Would Die for You". This book is a compilation of journal entries from a 15 year-old boy, who would die from a disease he contracted while in a foreign country. The passion that this young boy had in his heart for God and God's power to save, caused me to look at my own life and evaluate my priorities. I will be buying this book tomorrow.
I feel like God has taught me so much in the past 4 years, but yet I can only imagine what I have missed out on due to my lack of faith and perseverance. I have been thinking a lot about Richard lately. Richard was the young pastor I worked with while in Uganda. I will never forget the emotions that would arise when he spoke. I didn't understand a word he was saying but I felt every part of it.
I will continue pursuing God. I know that my life will only be complete through Him. I still don't know where my life is headed. :] haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment