Over the past few months I have been doing some serious digging. I have been digging in the one place that I have always struggled to break ground - The Bible. Ever since I can remember I have been read stories from the Bible or given inspirational verses, but I for some reason have never been able to sit down and dissect the Word of God on my own. It's been a struggle that I have prayed about for years. After failing to find a Bible study group that worked with the ridiculous school and life schedule I have, I told myself it was time to buckle down. If I can focus on Anatomy for four straight hours I sure as heck can read the Word every day. And I promise you that I have felt more joy and peace in my life in those moments than at any other moment.
Today I was reading Ephesians 2: 11-22. It is one of those passages that you just have to read over and over. Not because you cannot understand it, but because it is so beautiful. In summary, Paul confronts the issue of Jew vs. Gentile. And Paul reminded me that we are a work in progress. God has reconciled us through the living, blood of Christ, but He isn't done with us yet. The words filled me with such peace and humility, yet at the same time reminded me of how powerful my God is! What a glorious collaboration of emotions!
The past few months have been a blur. Officially a senior in college, I have found myself so certain and completely confused. There are days where I feel like I know where my life is going and other days where I know it's going in a different direction. But through it all, God's light has shown. He's yet to leave me alone. He's yet to turn His back on me and all my issues.
I thought that the day I was accepted to PT school I would feel fulfilled and positive and ready. Instead, I felt nervous and unsure. Is this the path God is calling me to? Or is this the path I am following? Am I going down the wrong path, AGAIN? Is it fear? Is it security I search for? What am I doing? Who am I following? Multiple sermons following that day only left me feeling more hesitant about this life path I was on.
Do I have any idea what I am doing now? No, no I do not. But reading God's Word has been a solid reminder of His unending, all encompassing love for me. Why with such love being bestowed on me would I fear anything? My God is stronger than any uncertainty. I know that if I remain open to Him and available He will show me exactly where I belong.
I've learned that God has blessed me with certain gifts. It's not easy for me to look at myself and say "Hey! You are really awesome at [blank]" But I think it is important to look at yourself and see your strengths because these our God's gifts to us. So here's my list
1] I have a passion for people - I have a deep desire to help others
2] I have a brain that is crazy good at remembering stuff - seriously.
3] I have the ability to set my mind to something and see it reach completion.
4] I have a sense of humor - I love to laugh!
Do these gifts lead me to physical therapy school? Do they lead me to mission work? Do they lead me to teaching? I'm not sure. Sometimes when I really think of it I imagine this crazy mixture of all three. I'm this doctor who gets to teach others rehabilitation techniques and about Jesus, in a different country! Who knows?! MY GOD DOES!
Ephesians 2: 22 "And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit"
No comments:
Post a Comment