I have been lackadaisical in my walk with The Lord lately. I have half-heartedly read some scripture in the mornings before heading to work but I haven't given it time to absorb and thus haven't applied it in a tangible way to my daily life. Today I woke up around 8:30 am and just felt drawn to spend some time with Jesus. My heart missed the quiet evenings I spent with Him over the past few months even if those times often consisted of tear drops falling onto the pages of my Bible. I was drawn to a few pieces of scripture:
Psalm 112: 4-8 "Even in the darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes."
Jeremiah 17:7-8 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
I love the absolute strength of these passages. No matter where we are in life God stands steadfast beside us. He upholds us and He never lets us falter. In Him we have no need to fear anything, for He is above all and He is for our good! So why do we often look ahead to what is to come and forget to live in today? Why do we praise His name through the good, turn to Him in sadness but walk our own path on the "common" days? My prayer for today is that God would use each act of my hands, each step of my feet and each word from my mouth to further His Kingdom and to express His love.

No comments:
Post a Comment