Thankful for learning opportunities at work, for moments of growing confidence, being able to witness improvements in patients' lives and evening runs.
I don't even know where to start with what is going on in the news lately. My heart is breaking over the mass murdering of children here in the state I love. Texans are rejoicing tonight with the filibuster of a bill which would have closed the doors of 37 abortion clinics within the state. They praise the "feminist movement" and it's ability to hold off the man another time. They smile over the protection of women's bodies and yet they mock those who wish to save the lives of those whose voices have yet to be heard. Abortion is such a ugly topic and I know it raises heated emotions. While I try to keep the focus of this blog on happy things I cannot help but post about what breaks my heart. I know that there is a strong possibility that there will be people who read this blog who are pro-choice and with true honesty I do not wish to offend but I believe that by not voicing my opinion I am withholding from my call as a believer in Jesus Christ.
I cannot help but remember the cross in times like this. The idea that Christ willingly laid out His body to save our own and yet we are so selfish that we are blinded by our own desires. We are unwilling to consider anyone above ourselves and thus choose to fight for "women's rights" instead of for the protection of the unborn. My prayer is for God to strip us of our sense of self-righteousness not just with this particular issue but with all issues. I pray that He becomes the forefront of our lives. I pray that we stop attempting to be our own god. My prayer is that God would open hearts of young women to the joy of motherhood. I pray for a revolution. I pray to stop abortion.
No comments:
Post a Comment