I spent my morning with The Village Church - Fort Worth campus. I really loved the small sanctuary but even more so I loved the passionate fire the campus pastor has for leading his people. He challenged us to pray honestly for God to bare our souls every day to show us where the center point of our life tends to navigate. God created us to align with Himself but we are easily distracted and led astray. It is a terrifying request, to ask God to expose the part(s) of our hearts which strips affection away from Him but it is a necessary process.
I also read more of "Desiring God" and realized that regeneration is a process completed by God and conversion is a process which requires active participation from man. Regeneration proceeds and enables faith, meaning that our faith is an effect of our new birth which is a gift from God and not the cause of our new birth. First comes God and the Holy Spirit creating in us a new life then we respond with faith and align our lives with the fact that Christ is our source of infinite and holy joy. The pursuit of God is not optional and is not simply a way to "enhance" our walk with the Lord. So often I find myself digging into the Word or praying more because I feel like my walk has become bland or stagnant but this should not be the way I view it. If Christ is truly the well from which I collect all my joy, hope, and peace how could I possibly spend a single day outside His presence? How could I survive without an intimate relationship with Him? How could I handle withholding the praise He rightfully deserves? This is why our new life is supported by our faith so that we can DAILY produce good fruit with accompanied praise and love.
As I close another chapter in the book of my life, I realize more and more that without Christ as my compass I am lost, but if my full affection and the focus of all my pursuits is to glorify the Holy of Holies I cannot fail. I have so many blank pages in my book but I am learning that The Author of my life has eloquently filled them all, I need only to be obedient and to respond. Where will I work? Where will I live? What church will I call home? How far from my family will I be? How far from my friends? How long will I be there? I cannot answer these questions but I can stand on the foundation of Jesus with complete confidence in His ability to build for me a life that brings consistent, daily worship to The Father. I will not live in doubt and fear, for My Abba has gone before me and will follow behind. I will never be alone. He is the protector of my heart and provider for my soul, and He is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment