Thankful for opportunities to focus on all that has happened in 2 years. I am blessed beyond understanding and will never be able to express my complete gratitude. I move to Keller tomorrow and begin a new chapter in this crazy life of mine, but for tonight I want to focus on the past 2 years.
It seems crazy to realize that 2 years ago I was graduating from Texas A&M. I walked the stage, celebrated with family/friends and then loaded up Dad's truck and my car and headed off to Dallas to start physical therapy school. It was a whirlwind of a weekend and was full of anxiety and doubt, but God was sovereign. I was accepted to multiple PT schools but felt drawn to UTSW and I know without a doubt that much like my decision to attend TAMU, my decision to enroll at UTSW was God's choice for my life. I remember waking up wayyyyy too early the first morning. Katie and I drove to campus and arrived [oh ya know] an hour early for the hour intro. Whatevs, we were nervous. :] And from there my PT school journey would begin.
From the challenges of anatomy/cadaver lab to the awkwardness of clinical correlations (basically a "hey you're in PT school, take off your shirt". haha!) the first semester flew by! We learned how to do transfers and how to gait train. Then we rushed into second semester with pharmacology, tests and measures, kinesiology, pathology and the dreaded therapeutic interventions with QuerBear. I started to feel like I was learning PT things and began to really love my profession. 2012 started with TI 2, pathokines and then patient specific classes like NPM and MPM. I learned how to perform special tests and found a pull towards orthopedics. And before I knew it, I was a SECOND YEAR PT student! I'd go through pediatrics, geriatrics, cardiopulmonary, integument, NPM 2, MPM2 and the wrap-up courses this semester. I find myself at an absolute loss as to which area of PT I want to practice in but I am excited to spend the rest of the year on clinicals.
God has been so good to me despite my wandering. I have grown to love Him and depend on Him for all things. He has surrounded me with incredible friends and amazing ladies who are sources of continual encouragement, accountability and laughter.
As I close this part of my life, I realize that I still am seeking God's guidance. I know that over the next months He will show me, in His ways, where He needs me. I pray that I will be open to hear Him speak to me and that I will obediently follow wherever He calls me!
No comments:
Post a Comment