I didn't realize how much I missed cruising around neighborhood streets with my windows down and music playing until today. I've become so used to the hustle and bustle of city life that the quiet comfort found outside the city limits seems almost foreign. It's a reminder that at the end of this year I can go anywhere God calls me. I am not tied to a particular zip code and thus have been given free reign. Watch out world!
I am anxious about my first day tomorrow. I am incredibly awkward during small talk and normally embarrass myself on day one....sigh. :] But I am thankful for learning opportunities that will take place not inside a classroom. I pray that God would give me peace and rest tonight so tomorrow I feel refreshed and prepared to start on this new path. I pray for my clinical instructors and all the patients I will be interacting with over the next 14 weeks. I pray that God would remind me that this is a learning opportunity even on the rough, frustrating days. I have 6 months to soak up as much knowledge as possible before I head out and this marks the beginning of that time. I pray for God to work through my hands. I pray that my eyes would be opened and my heart ready to do what He calls me to while I am here.
No comments:
Post a Comment