Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 135

Thankful for half days at work, wrapping up final things at the old apartment and time to cook.

I am beginning to feel more comfortable at my new clinic but not necessarily more confident in my ability. I still feel as though I have all this book knowledge stored up but accessing it has become an issue. I'm not failing miserably I just tend to have one real dumb response a day that lingers and continues to haunt me when I get home. Sigh...change is hard! 

There's this awkwardness that accompanies the role of a student physical therapist. They want to give you opportunities to learn but I never know where the line is. It's so weird because these aren't technically "my" patients but I have the opportunity to treat them. I just never know what is really expected of me. I don't like to step on people's toes but I also don't like to feel like I am just in the way, I want to be productive, helpful and creative without be overwhelming and unteachable. It's a balance game that I haven't mastered just yet. Oh the life of a 20-something...

No comments:

Post a Comment