Incredibly thankful for today! For waking up to cooling summer rain showers, mornings spent with hot coffee and God's written truth, afternoons spent preparing for the week and reading, and evenings spent celebrating birthdays and cuddling up with puppy dogs!
I continue to find myself in a "dry spell" in my faith. I could make excuse after excuse for my reasons for faltering in my walk, but at the end of the day it boils down to two things: 1) fear and 2)laziness. I become incredibly anxious when meeting new people and use this as a consistent excuse for not finding a church home here in Keller. But if I dig deeper it comes down to my selfish desire to be lazy on MY sunday morning. I feel as though I deserve this morning off and every week I find a reason to spend it curled up in bed then praising God with fellow believers. Now, I've felt God's pull and have been drawn to His Word on this mornings which I know has been a pure gift from Him but it is so evident the importance of being around, worshiping with, and listening to fellow believers.
Lord, free me from myself. Free me from the desires of my flesh and grant me a heart that yearns for you with each beat. Father, I ask that you would build, mode and shape me into a woman after your image, into a woman of grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment