Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 207

Thankful for sleeping till I wake up, WHATABURGER, afternoons spent baking and creating my meal plan for the week, and evening runs even if it was cut short.

I've been dealing with medial ankle pain on and off for the past year or so. It originally began when I stupidly,are a dramatic increase in my running mileage because I fell behind on my schedule for running a half marathon. Initially it back my mileage but continued to have pain that began to progressively occur sooner and sooner in my run. I went to a (super attractive...just saying) orthopedic specialist who took x-rays which showed mild periosteum aggravation but no bone  involvement.He prescribed me 4 months of no high level activity which I abided to. I began gradually running and had only gotten back to about 2 miles when the pain, swelling and strange bruising reoccurred. This "injury" is more frustrating than painful but I refuse to believe that at 24 I will have to give up running. We shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment