May 18, 2010
I woke up to the roosters again at about 5:30am. Josh led devotional about loving good (God) and rejecting bad. Jason and I were the last to leave again so we didn't make it to our site till about 11am. My plan for the day was to let Richard do the e-cube and I would present the HOPE cube but that's not really what happened, haha!
I definitely spent more time in prayer today because yesterday I was too focused on myself. Anytime the nationals would start to talk I would just feel lost so today I spent that time praying. God's definitely showing me that it's not about me.
The first place we went to was an actual house not a hut. There was an older woman, a young man from yesterday, a young woman and at least 10 kids. The woman was saved and the man was saved yesterday so we prayed over the children. The youngest probably around 1 came up to me during the prayer and placed is head on my lap. Afterward I picked him up, butt naked and all. :) His mom joked that he would be my companion for the day.
The next stop was a woman who was already saved so we moved on to the next hut. There were lots of 6-14 year old, a 20+ year old man and his wife. The man said they attended church elsewhere but listened to the e-cube and HOPE cube. They agreed to come be a part of our church. He asked for a Bible like many did yesterday. Three young men (teenagers) were saved. I passed out e-cards to some of the younger kids. This group of kids followed us to the next stop and a few stayed to hear us go through the e-cube again.
We went to a few more huts, most were mothers who said they were already saved, one told us she did not have time to talk.
Our last stop was with a middle aged man and his family. I guess one of his kids had been around us because the man was already holding an e-card. After going through the cube he told us that the Jehovah's witnesses had been by before. He than clarified with me some of the falsehoods he had been told - it's a sin to say Christ died on a cross. After getting these answers he quoted John 3:16 in English and was saved. He also asked for a Bible so he could teach his family the truth.
As we were heading back one of the young boys who had been following us wanted his mom to meet me so he brought us to her. She was resistant to the Word but she did listen.
We headed back to the church plant site and went in to eat just as it started to rain like yesterday. Again we did not have cell group.
I believe tomorrow since we have reached all of Ngelechom (our village) we are just going to go back to the house that accepted and tell them fellowship is at 1pm. Hopefully we can beat the rain.
Richard gave me some guavas on the way to the car. I'm hoping I can try them since I can peel them myself. I really love listening to Richard preach. You can just tell he loves God and believes every word he speaks.
All in all today was a great day in the field: 7 were saved and lots of kids heard the Gospel. I tried to inform their parents that the children were welcome at fellowship as well. If we have a big group of kids we can do children's ministry which I really love.
No comments:
Post a Comment