Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the field, Day 3 Watch



May 19, 2010

Today was the first morning I've woken up still tired. I think the early mornings are starting to get to me. I have never been much of a morning person. :) But it's always easier to get out of bed when you have devotional and a lovely breakfast to look forward too. Allison did a great job leading devotional this morning.

Jason and I actually got to our site at 10 am! BUT our pastors weren't there so we didn't get started till around 11:30 am, you gotta love Ugandan time.


Our first stop was at a hut with a mom, her kids and another middle aged woman. Since we have visited most of the village Patrick and his team joined Alice, Richard and myself. I presented the HOPE cube and Richard presented the e-cube, yay! :) He did great for his first time presenting solo. The mother wasn't ready to accept Christ but her thirteen year old daughter did and so did the other middle aged woman. We than went to the grandmother's house. She was a retired nurse who was trying to start a clinic. I presented the HOPE cube and left one with her so she could use it with her patients. She was already saved but agreed to come fellowship with us.

These were are only new stops for the day. We re-visited the 70+ year old man from our first day in the field. We than headed back because we moved cell group to 1:30pm in hopes of avoiding the rain. Richard wanted a picture with me and I'm hoping I can figure out a way to get a copy to his but he does not have e-mail. He explained a lot of their crops to me and how they live completely off the land. I showed him pictures of my family which all of the nationals love to see.


We started cell group around 2pm and by the end had about 30 men, women and children.
My favorite man from the first day was there and I was so excited to see him. A drunk showed up and I felt very uncomfortable around him. The nationals found him funny and asked if there were any drunk in America...


Jason preached using the Book of John and then Patrick preached. I was praying that the rain would hold off until Patrick was done and sure enough about 30 seconds after he finished it started to rain.

We went to eat, again. I think that the pastor understand now that Jason and I will not be eating, haha. He is so nice though and always brings us sodas. He specifically brought a Fanta for me because it's what we had at the mother church the first day we met. Everyone is just so hospitable here. I forgot to mention that we found out that our church plant pastor has been using a Jehovah's witness "bible" - if you can even call it that. He really didn't want to give it up because of all the notes he had taken in it but we couldn't leave it with him. Jason will bring him a new Bible tomorrow.

Since we have seen all of the village I think the plan is to go as one big group to the witch doctor's house. I'm not sure how to feel about that...kind of makes me nervous but I am really curious as well. Hopefully tomorrow's cell group with grow even more on top of today's group!

No comments:

Post a Comment