Saturday, June 5, 2010

Officially in Uganda - Jinja

May 14, 2010

We drove through multiple cities tonight. I do not even know how to describe them. Shops are one room shacks with open doors and are lit by candles. The roads make no sense and driving rules seem none existent. You pass the car in front of you whenever possible. They also drive on the opposite side of the road from what we Americans do. Looking at everything makes you thankful for the things we take for granted every day like lights, and air conditioning. The people walk everywhere around here on the side of the road, seems so dangerous. We met some of our nationals at the airport. They are very nice and I love the way the shake hands. One tried to teach us Swahili/Lugandan; emphasis on tried. :) The team is awesome and already getting along great. Jet lag is awful and we start up bring and early tomorrow at 8 am. We are staying the night at a "guest house" in Jinja and will drive another hour or so tomorrow to Tororo (our final destination). I cannot wait to see God work through this team. He has already thrown some curve balls - the majority of our team got to Amsterdam 10 minutes before take off!! I am excited but very exhausted. I didn't sleep on the flight from Houston to Amsterdam at all and was in and out of sleep on the flight from Amsterdam to Entebbe. I think I will attempt to get some sleep now. I cannot wait to get going tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment