Friday, June 4, 2010

Travel Day #1

May 13, 2010

3:05pm
I'm officially at the airport and really anxious. My Dad drove me up to Houston. We had lunch with my older brother before heading to the airport. With all the high security my Dad could barely even get into the airport, haha. It seemed like the only people allowed in were ticket holders. I am holding in a lot of emotions right not, trying not to cry in front of a bunch of people who don't speak English. I tried to call Megan, my roommate, but I cannot seem to make a call out or even a text for that matter. Saying bye to Dad was weird. I am very excited but just feeling a bit nervous. I am ready to get on the flight and dig into The Word and my travel guide for a bit. -Fun Fact- There are two guys from Texas A&M on my flight. I cannot believe that I will be in Africa this time tomorrow.

4:10pm
Well I am sitting in my seat, 23H (aisle seat :]), on the my first flight. Leaving from George Bush Intercontinental for Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. My expected arrival time is 8:05 am. It is an estimated 9 hour flight...no stops, ugh. I am feeling much better now. I definitely have beyond enough things to keep my busy including music, movies and my Bible. I knew God would provide comfort and He did --> Diet Coke and Colbie Caillat. I am going to dig in the Word a bit than probably watch one of the 100+ movies.

7:35pm
I just ready about the death of Christ and how even Jesus was scared but gave his life because it was God's will. God provided him with great things after he rose again. It is through his self-less act that we live fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment