Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2

Today I am thankful for warmth and security. I was driving around downtown Dallas this afternoon and came upon the corner where I typically see the same homeless man. On most days, I must confess, I do my best to avoid eye contact and drive on...but today I wished he would have been there. It was cold today and the first thing I thought of when I got to that corner was today I'll buy him a coffee and give him the blanket in my trunk. How sad is it that it takes near freezing temperatures for me to consider the needs of this man?

I came home to a warm apartment, made myself a solid meal and curled up on the couch with a friend to watch football. Too often I take the simple things in life for granted.

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds in the sky! They don't plant or harvest. They don't store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren't you worth more than birds?"

No comments:

Post a Comment