Honestly I have no idea what to type. Before 9pm I would have posted a typical TGIf post, but life happens. My Dad has cancer. Even writing that sentence seems unreal. People on television shows get cancer but not my Dad. He's the rock, the stronghold. He's who I turn to when my computer stops working, when my car breaks down or when someone steals my debit card. He's the first man I ever loved. And he's supposed to be there to walk me down the aisle and play with my kids. He's supposed to call me sweetheart every time I talk to him on the phone even when I have kids of my own.
It's all really hard to comprehend right now. I can't seem to stop crying or thinking. But I rest in My Abba. I know everything has a purpose and I know My God is bigger than cancer.
Tonight I ask for you to stand beside my family in prayer. Pray with expectancy and urgency. For the doctors to be skillful and full of knowledge. For my mom and brothers and myself to be strong and loving. For my dad to rest in the arms of his Papa and to fight. For peace and rest. And for God's glory to be known even in the darkness.
I will be thankful today. I am thankful for encouragement and love from friends. I am thankful for early detection screenings. I am thankful for Lance, who stayed till 1am to make sure I was okay, who didn't expect me to talk but just stayed by my side as I continually cried my eyes out. I am thankful.
Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalms 73:23-26 ESV)
But now thus says the Lord , he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. (Isaiah 43:1-4 ESV)
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." (Revelation 21:3, 4 ESV)
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV)
No comments:
Post a Comment