Thankful for Matt Chandler and his God-gifted ability to make the Word applicable without dancing around hard subjects. I have been incredibly blessed by The Village church over the past 1+ year. I know that God uses the body of Christ as tools to mold us into His image.
Despite my daily posts about prayer requests I am currently struggling with my prayer life. I am great at praying randomly and quickly through out the day but I rarely set aside time to just sit and be with my Father. Matt put it so beautifully tonight when he compared our "rifle-shot" and "quiet time" prayers to daily conversations and date nights with a spouse. Both kinds of prayer are necessary in order to maintainable vibrancy in our relationship with Christ. So friends, I ask that you would pray with me for God to open our hearts to the areas in our spiritual life that we often push to the back burner. I pray that God would illuminate our trouble spots and provide us with accountability. As for me, I am choosing to set my alarm clock for 30 minutes earlier so that I can spend each morning drinking coffee :) and meditating on God's goodness. Then I'll spend time in prayer asking for Him to be ever before me.
I am also thankful for refreshing Sundays. I cannot believe that this week marks week 6 of my internship. The end is near!
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:28, 29 NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment