Thankful for hometown coffee shops, Ford trucks, long term memory banks and lunch dates with Daddy.
I decided against going to the beach today because the wind was blowing at 25mph with 40+mph gusts. It was over cast and chilly. And just not a great beach day so I cuddled up with some coffee in my Dad's pickup and refreshed old ortho material. Then I met my Dad for lunch which was amazing. I love when you can just sit and have conversation. He sounds so much better than he did just a couple months ago and I thank God for being a continual source of strength and hope. I pray that God continues to use this situation for His glory and consistently pursues my Dad's heart.
I know that not everyone has a reliable and loving father figure. I am so blessed by my Dad. Even though I am "growing up" I still have days where I feel like a vulnerable little girl, I am so lucky to have a Dad who is always supportive and protective of me.
Trying my best to make the most of my few days in the hometown. Hoping to have dinner/lunch with a few friends from high school before I head back to Big D.

No comments:
Post a Comment