Hallelujah!!!! I can't even type how incredibly thankful I am for today! Thankful for doctors willing to call on Saturdays, long walks with Dad, answered prayers, healing, small reminders of God's love, family time spent baking and decorating eggs, and happy tears!
The results of Dad's biopsy came in today and his cancer is a primary lung cancer. We will proceed with surgery as previously planned. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my family's shoulders and God is carrying it all. The journey is far from over but God is our navigator and will not lead us astray. Dad had a feeling from the beginning that this was the case but to have confirmation is such a relief. It seems crazy to be thankful for cancer but honestly the other paths were so scary. I know that God has used this entire journey to draw each member of my family closer to Himself. God's goodness cannot be expressed but the joy I felt in hearing that news will be a constant reminder of His mercy and love. He is a great Father!!
Dad, David and I went on a good walk this morning as well. Dad is improving every day and I pray for continued healing so his body will be ready for the next surgery.
God showed up in huge and small ways today and each one caused me to pause and praise His name. Baking sweet rolls with Mom, Easter egg decorating with my brothers and sister in law, talking to Dad about what he feels God is calling him to and what his mission is, and talking about Dad's favorite song and then having it play on the radio are just a few examples of ways God poured His love on me today. Days like today are what pull me through the dark days. God is so loving despite our wickedness. What could be a more beautiful reminder of such love than the cross? And on Easter weekend this symbol is so blatantly portrayed. Tomorrow we will celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the fact that we worship a living God!
Hallelujah! Amen!
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. (John 15:9-12 NIV)


No comments:
Post a Comment