Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 72

Thankful for my professors who have been so understanding and flexible about my Dad's surgery. Thankful for serious and convicting sermons.

I have been desperately missing the community I found in my all girls home group. I have been choosing to live blindly to how hardened my heart becomes when I do not have loving yet tough accountability. As Chandler said in his sermon, "Instead of pretending to be Godly we need to pursue Godliness!" My prayers for myself include finding a group of women who are willing to honestly confess to one another our burdens, short comings, sins and heart breaks while rejoicing with one another about our blessings, gifts, and successes through Christ. I pray that God would give me an insatiable craving for His Word. And That He would provide me with quiet time to truly devote to Him, free of distractions, both tangible and mental.

If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:6-8 NIV)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8, 9 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment