Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 76

Today was an absolute blessing from The Lord! After a restless night, I was able to wake up and be productive so that I don't have a bunch of school work on my mind when I am spending time with the family in a little over a week! Then I spent the afternoon tidying up and organizing which, if you know me, always helps me to focus for the week and feel accomplished!

Then I was completely encouraged, rejuvenated and challenged by church. I love that our pastors actively seek God and His calling. Steve Hardin was praying before the service and felt the Lord telling him that the 7:15 service needed to be spent in prayer and worship, so he completely erased his planned sermon and just spent time leading us in prayer. I love that God works through man to bring His people closer to Himself. Steve wasn't even worried about all the work he had put into the sermon, instead he immediately followed God's command and hearts were opened. God is so GOOD. I cannot type that sentence enough. My challenge this week is to examine my own heart and to see where I am an oppressor and where I feel oppressed and then to ACTIVELY SEEK God's call for how to participate in the work He is doing right here in Dallas. I too often focus ahead and forget that I am where I am for God's glory and He has a purpose for my time here. I can only serve in the way He calls if I am willing to obediently pray and listen to His voice.

Praying for my Daddy this week as I am sure he will begin to feel anxious about his upcoming surgery. I love hearing how God is molding my Dad's heart. He is learning that through his stubbornness he has blocked out God and needs to listen to God even in the whispers. I pray that God would continue to drastically change my Dad and draw him near during this time of uncertainty.

Psalm 133: 1 "How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!"

No comments:

Post a Comment