Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 112

Thankful for being able to cross of one exam from my list of things to do (seriously y'all I have 3 more days of class...like ever), shopping expeditions with Lindsey, quick convos with Dad, and encouragement from seeing God work in the lives of young adults.

God is working like CRAZY in the lives of young adults here in the states. I feel a wave of change displayed through their acts of generosity and their desire to serve. I know that God is doing something incredible with the youth of this country and I pray that their passions have a marked effect on the generations before and after them. One of my old highschool friends has a younger sister who will be participating in a bike riding expedition from Seattle, Washington to Portland, Oregon to raise money to BATTLE modern slavery. I know many of you who read this blog are in graduate school or are out of work or are trying to figure out where you belong right now, but this young lady deserves our prayers and if possible our money. Here's a link to her event page: http://www.ventureexpeditions.org/profile/SierraRogers . You can donate to her trip by using the donate tab and then finding "Sierra Rogers" under the Sponsor a Participant option. Please consider giving what you can. I'll be honest and tell you that I gave $10. This may not seem like a lot but it's what I have at this time. This will mean no extraneous meals at a restaurant, no extra starbucks drinks and I should probably avoid Jamba Juice as well. But on a serious note, every little sum adds up to a grand total that God will use to cultivate the hearts of people to end a devastating system of abuse and neglect.

But beyond that, join me in prayer for Sierra. Pray that God would build a wall of prayer warriors around her to block out any negativity or doubt that the evil one WILL be throwing at her. Let's be honest about the way the evil one works. He is absolutely against all things of God. He loves for us to live in a state of complacency and comfort. He loves when we mold to the ways of the world and deny the pulling of God to a different path. He loves to fill us with doubt and he draws us away from The Lord and His compassion. Pray that she would not be anxious but would trust God and His plan for her life. Pray that God would use this trip to END modern slavery but to also mend and woo Sierra's heart to Him in a way that she has never experienced.

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days-- You would not believe if you were told."

No comments:

Post a Comment