Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 94

Thankful for successful surgeries, family, friends and Dad.

Dad went into surgery around 10:30 this morning. Around 1:45 pm his doctor came and talked with us. He said the surgery went very well and easy. He said, and I quote, "I really liked his anatomy. It was a fun surgery for me." Haha...whatever that means. He said the upper lobe came out fine and with little air or fluid build up. He also removed some lymph nodes from the area and found them all to be of normal size, shape and consistency. The lobe and lymph nodes will all be biopsied. We probably won't know the results for about 5 days. We will decide where to go after the biopsy gets back.

We were able to go back and see Dad around 4:30 this evening. He looked great and all his stats were normal. He was much more alert and oriented as compared to last time. His pain is being managed by an epidural which will stay in for 2-3 days. Dad will probably be in the hospital till at least Tuesday.

For now our prayers are for a speedy recover, continued pain control and for the lymph node biopsies to come back negative.

I am choosing to take each day one at a time so for tonight I am praising God for this successful surgery. Thank you for all of the prayers and encouragement. God is good to send much needed reminders of love and strength.





No comments:

Post a Comment