Thankful for Starbucks coffee, downtime with Mom and Dad, and baseball.
Dad looked better today. He has been up and walking and looks great from a PT side of things. His surgeon called him "the poster boy of thoracic surgery", haha! Doctor seems happy with how he's progressing. Hoping to get his chest tube out tomorrow or Sunday and to start weaning him off the epidural. Discharge was moved forward possibly Monday or Tuesday which would be awesome. Continued prayers for healing and for the results of his lymph node biopsy to be negative. This is going to be quite the journey for my family but I refuse to lose hope. God is bigger.
Headed to watch some baseball with my brother and sister-in-law tonight. I feel like I am betraying my Rangers by going to an Astros games but the seats are pretty amazing especially compared to my usual top of the ballpark seats. It will be nice to just breathe a little bit today.
I am constantly being uplifted by friends and am so thankful for everyone's prayers and sweet text messages. I truly rely on them to get through the day so THANK YOU ALL! I am learning that God teaches us even when we want to shut Him out. He chooses to pursue us even when we don't want Him. And at the end of it all, God is sovereign.
"...be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5
No comments:
Post a Comment